Who We Are

LCOG is one of the oldest councils of governments in the nation. LCOG was first organized in 1945 under the name Central Lane County Planning Commission and had only six members.

LCOG serves as a regional planning, coordination, program development and service delivery organizations in local communities across Lane County. Local issues often cross jurisdictional boundaries and can be most effectively addressed by communities working together within a regional forum.

LCOG was reorganized in 1971 under an intergovernmental agreement pursuant to Oregon Revised Statutes Chapter 190 and the name was changed to Lane Council of Governments. It is governed by a board of directors consisting of one appointed director from each of its 34 member organizations, including Lane County, twelve cities, six school districts, one education district, one college, two parks and recreation organizations, three library districts, three utilities, a transit district, two fire districts, an ambulance district, and a port. The governing body of LCOG is its Board of Directors, comprised of local elected and appointed officials designated to represent member governments and agencies.

Our Mission



LCOG’s mission is to coordinate and provide high quality public services in Lane County. Lane Council of Governments is dedicated to serving the public interest and enhancing the quality of life for citizens of Lane County.